Project Manager – Intimate Partner Violence
- Spearhead a transformative project in the Youth Services sector
- Full time, 1-year position with scope for further extension
- $84,000-$90,000 plus salary packaging, superannuation and other benefits
Flexible, hybrid work arrangements
About the role
The Project Manager position is a full time, 1-year contract with the possibility of further extension.
In 2021, Concern Australia undertook internal review which resulted in an internal report on Intimate Partner Violence in the Out of Home Care system titled ‘Growing Strong: A review of intimate partner violence experienced by young people in Out of Home Care and Leaving Care’. We identified a need to create a framework which will equip our organisation to respond to intimate partner violence experienced by the young people within our programs. We hope to launch this report publicly later in 2023.
The Project Manager will lead the organisation in developing, piloting, delivering and measuring this framework, which we hope to share with the Out Of Home Care sector. Our commitment is to give voice to the experiences of young people and the supports they require.
Why join Concern Australia?
- Access to salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Competitive remuneration package benefits
- Supported training and development programs
- Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
- Flexible, hybrid working arrangements
- On-site parking
- Supportive and friendly organisational culture
- Biannual all staff gatherings
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged young people.
You will have deep understanding and experience within the Out of Home Care/Child Protection system and particularly of family violence and its impact on children and families.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, including the wider community.
For further information about the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities that suit this position, please read the position description provided.
Qualifications and/or experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Community Development or equivalent, or less formal qualifications with demonstrable specialized skills sufficient to suit the role
- Minimum four years’ work experience
- Successful completion of MARAM training
- Case Management experience
- Project Coordination experience
Appointments are subject to eligibility and the legal right to work in Australia. Appointments are also subject to satisfactory Working with Children Check, National Police Check, International Police Check (If resided overseas for a period of 12 months or longer for the past 10 years) and other employment screening or credential checks as determined by the position description.
Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination (or valid exemption) prior to commencement in accordance with internal Vaccination Policies.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Concern Australia is committed to an inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We warmly welcome applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse, LGBTIQA+ and applicants living with a disability.
If you have the skills to perform the advertised role and think you would be a good fit for our organisation, we would love to hear from you!
Child Safety Statement
Concern Australia is committed to providing child safe and protected environments in all its activities and programs and has a zero-tolerance approach to child abuse or exploitations. Children have the right to be safe and protected.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing your suitability against the Key Selection Criteria outlined with the position description provided.
Applications close Monday 13th of February 2023. However, applications will be reviewed as received so please apply as soon as possible.
For further information prior to applying, please contact Melanie Lim, HR Officer from Monday to Thursday on 0404 938 288, or email Melanie.Lim@concernaustralia.org.au.