PARTNER WITH US
Volunteering is a great way for members of the community to DONATE THEIR SKILLS AND TIME TO HELP US DELIVER AND MANAGE OUR PROGRAMS.
We value our amazing volunteers and could not do the work we do without them!
You can make a world of difference in a young person or child’s life by helping to support them
in areas of Education, Housing and Homelessness, and Justice.
Interested in contributing your time, talents and skills?
Fill in the volunteer form below and we will get back to you soon.
WE ARE SEEKING VOLUNTEERS FOR THESE PROGRAMS
Exciting opportunities are now available to become a live-in mentor to young people as part of our Enhanced Lead Tenant program, which provides accommodation, and support services to young people who are on statutory orders (child protection and/or youth justice). The young people are aged between 16 – 19 years and are usually exiting residential services.
For more information please visit our Inside Out page
Exciting opportunities are now available to become an after hours care leader as part of our LiveWires program, where you would care for primary aged children and engage them in cooking, art and craft, sport and recreation and much more.
We are seeking individuals who are enthusiastic, confident, assertive, and who enjoy working with children and have a passion for social welfare.
For more information please visit our LiveWires page.
Exciting opportunities are now available to become a mentor to young people as part of our Hand Brake Turn team. You will work alongside young people equipping them with life skills that promote independence.
We are seeking someone with knowledge of the education and/or employment sectors including LLENs, Learn Local Providers, RTOs and TAFE, knowledge of the Youth Justice system and Child Protection out of home care systems, and/or experience in support and case management of adolescents.
For more information please visit our Hand Brake Turn page.
APPLY TO VOLUNTEER HERE
WHY WORK FOR CONCERN AUSTRALIA?
Concern Australia has worked with vulnerable young people and children, creating opportunities that see them reach their potential for nearly 50 years.
We are looking for passionate people who would like to have a positive impact on the lives of young people and children who we work alongside.
If you would like to join our values driven organisation that focusses on being People-centred, a Leader, a Partner and a good Steward you may like to consider applying for one of our roles.
Permanent Role, (0.8 – 1.00 FTE flexible dependent on incumbent)
Based in North/West region with travel across Melbourne
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Team Leader Volunteer Recruitment to work at Concern Australia.
This is a newly created role reporting to the Manager Transition and Support within our Enhanced Lead Tenant program. We are seeking an experienced Team Leader Volunteer Recruitment to manage the safe and effective lifecycle of our volunteers.
The Team Leader Volunteer Recruitment will be responsible for the following items:
- Develop, implement and promote the Volunteer Lead Tenant portfolio
- Undertake and coordinate the recruiting, rigorous assessment procedures, induction and training of Volunteer Lead Tenants (as per DHHS program requirements)
- Coordination and delivery of group training of Volunteer Lead Tenants
- Support and manage the team in their oversight of the Volunteer Lead Tenants
- Provide effective support and consultation to Volunteer Lead Tenants and the team of Volunteer Support Workers
Download the detailed position description here. Applicants must address the key selection criteria in the position description. Along with your KSC, you will also need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proof of your eligibility to work in Australia. (Australian birth certificate, Australian passport, Australian citizenship or a working visa)
- Information establishing your identity through a Proof of Identity check
- Consent to a National Police Check or International police check
- Proof of relevant mandatory qualifications gained
- Details of referees able to validate information on your skills, knowledge, capabilities, conduct and behaviour
- Employee Working With Children Check
Please apply in writing, addressing the KSC and nominating three professional referees using the subject line: Team Leader Volunteer Recruitment. Written applications are to be emailed to: Georgette.Wardan@ConcernAustralia.org.au
Applications close on December 7th, 2018. However, interviews will be arranged with suitable applicants as they are received.
For further information about the role please contact:
General Manager Business Operations
Phone: 03 9470 2972
- All Tools – Hoppers Crossing
- ANEST IWATA Australia
- Anglican Parish of Mount Dandenong
- ANZ Staff Foundation
- Auto Remont – Sunshine
- Autobarn Cranbourne
- Bianca at Restore Hope Aus
- Calendar Print
- Campbell Edwards Trust
- Casamento Photography
- Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare
- Chevrolet Car Club of Victoria
- City LLEN
- City of Greater Dandenong
- City of Melbourne
- City of Yarra
- Clayton Church of Christ
- Clifton Hill Cricket Club
- Clifton Hill/North Fitzroy Community Bank
- Clifton Hill Tennis Club
- CNH Industrial (IVECO)
- Collier Charitable Fund
- Collingwood African Association
- Collingwood Food Van
- Collingwood Library
- Collingwood Neighbourhood House
- CommBank Foundation
- Coolibah Convertibles
- Currie & Brown
- Dandenong Christian Reformed Church
- Deni Hexter Marketing Communications
- Department of Employment and Training
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Drummond Street Services
- Endeavour Hills Rotary
- FC Clifton Hill
- Ford Motor Company
- Forest Hill Rotary
- Garry Rogers Motorsport
- Gordon Institute of TAFE
- Gospel Resource Ltd
- Grill’d Southbank
- HESTA Super
- Highton Rotary
- HM GEM Engines
- Hosier Hoodies
- Independent Car Parts
- Jet Couriers
- John Kelly Plumbing Service
- John Sands
- Kennards Hire
- Kids Own Publishing
- Leader Community News
- Lions Club
- Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation
- Macpherson Kelly
- Meguiars House of Colour
- Melbourne Rotary
- Mission Australia
- Mt Dandenong Primary School
- Narre Warren Community Learning Centre
- Newman’s Own Foundation
- Paint Centre – Sunshine
- Paintaway Dandenong
- Perpetual Trustees
- Precision Shims Australia
- Quick Access Hire
- R&J Batteries
- RACV Keilor and Melbourne
- RE Ross Trust
- RMIT University
- Rotary Club of Carlton
- Rotary Club of Central Melbourne Sunrise
- Rotary Club of Essendon and Keilor
- Rotary Club of Moorleigh Moorabbin
- Rotary Club of Port Melbourne
- Rotary Club of Southbank
- Rotary International
- Save the Children
- Skills Plus
- St George Foundation
- St Hilary’s Women on Thursday Group
- St James & St Peter’s Anglican Church
- St Joseph’s Primary School
- St Martin’s Community Church
- St Matthew’s Anglican Church
- St Michael and All Angels Church
- The Bible Society of Victoria
- The Good Guys
- The Jack Brockhoff Foundation
- The Mazda Foundation
- Tip Top
- United Way
- V8 Supercars Australia
- VACC – Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce
- Victoria Police
- Victorian Council of Social Services
- William Buckland Foundation