PARTNER WITH US
Join an innovative and people-centred organisation
that works in partnership with young people and children,
creating opportunities for them to enjoy full and meaningful lives.
Concern Australia has worked with vulnerable young people and children,
creating opportunities that see them reach their potential for nearly 50 years.
We are looking for passionate people who would like to have a positive impact on
the lives of young people and children who we work alongside.
If you would like to join our values-driven organisation that focusses on
being People-centred, a Leader, a Partner and a good Steward,
you may like to consider applying for one of our roles.
About the Role:
Concern Australia is seeking a passionate, driven and enthusiastic professional to lead our team to help raise the profile of Concern Australia and our six niche programs delivering positive outcomes for young people through education, housing/homelessness support and youth justice.
We are seeking a person who can develop our approach to deepen relationships with our donors and funding partners, seek out new funding opportunities and raise awareness of our work.
This is a flexible role (0.8-1.0 FTE) on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract (with an opportunity to extend) and can be based at either our Dandenong or Braybrook office.
Concern Australia works in partnership with young people and children (aged 5-21) to help create opportunities for them to enjoy full and meaningful lives. With a dedicated team of staff and volunteers, Concern Australia connects with 30,000 vulnerable young people and children Australia wide, through six innovative programs focusing on Education, Housing and Homelessness, and Justice.
As a senior leader, you will have experience in establishing strategy and achieving results working with donors, philanthropists and media.
With proven experience in a similar role, you will report directly to the CEO. Key elements of your role will include:
- Manage all branding, communications, media and marketing (internal and external)
- Liaise with individual donors, philanthropists and potential partners with a focus on generating funds through a strong connection of interests with our work in Education, Housing & Homelessness and Youth Justice
- Coordinate and lead fundraising campaigns, grants, tenders and engagement events to support programs and activities
- Engage partners with a focus on creating long-lasting relationships that realise shared value
- Supervise and support staff and volunteers
We are seeking someone who is passionate about creating positive outcomes for young people and children experiencing disadvantage in their local community.
- Degree or diploma in a communications/marketing/fundraising/media and public relations/philanthropy or lesser formal qualifications with experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategy and its successful execution
- Experienced public speaker with well-developed oral and written communication/presentation skills that can be tailored for difference audiences
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office applications and experience in Sharepoint, CRM Database (Profiler), website and social media platforms
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organised, work independently in a multi-task environment
- Experience in producing management reports and a broad suite of communication material
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team
- Commitment to Concern Australia values
- A passion to support children and young people
About the Organisation
Organisation Name: Concern Australia
Not for Profit: Yes
Apply for this Position
Please apply in writing with a covering letter, addressing the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description, by 20 October, 2019.
Phone: 03 9470 2972
Volunteering is a great way for members of the community to
DONATE THEIR SKILLS AND TIME TO HELP US DELIVER AND MANAGE OUR PROGRAMS.
We value our amazing volunteers and could not do the work we do without them!
You can make a world of difference in a young person or child’s life by helping to support them
in areas of Education, Housing and Homelessness, and Justice.
Interested in contributing your time, talents and skills?
Fill in the volunteer form below and we will get back to you soon.
WE ARE SEEKING VOLUNTEERS FOR THESE PROGRAMS
Exciting opportunities are now available to become a live-in mentor to young people as part of our Enhanced Lead Tenant program, which provides accommodation, and support services to young people who are on statutory orders (child protection and/or youth justice). The young people are aged between 16 – 19 years and are usually exiting residential services.
For more information please visit our Inside Out page
Exciting opportunities are now available to become an after hours care leader as part of our LiveWires program, where you would care for primary aged children and engage them in cooking, art and craft, sport and recreation and much more.
We are seeking individuals who are enthusiastic, confident, assertive, and who enjoy working with children and have a passion for social welfare.
For more information please visit our LiveWires page.
Exciting opportunities are now available to become a mentor to young people as part of our Hand Brake Turn team. You will work alongside young people equipping them with life skills that promote independence.
We are seeking someone with knowledge of the education and/or employment sectors including LLENs, Learn Local Providers, RTOs and TAFE, knowledge of the Youth Justice system and Child Protection out of home care systems, and/or experience in support and case management of adolescents.
For more information please visit our Hand Brake Turn page.
APPLY TO VOLUNTEER HERE
- All Tools – Hoppers Crossing
- ANEST IWATA Australia
- Anglican Parish of Mount Dandenong
- ANZ Staff Foundation
- Auto Remont – Sunshine
- Autobarn Cranbourne
- Bianca at Restore Hope Aus
- Calendar Print
- Campbell Edwards Trust
- Casamento Photography
- Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare
- Chevrolet Car Club of Victoria
- City LLEN
- City of Greater Dandenong
- City of Melbourne
- City of Yarra
- Clayton Church of Christ
- Clifton Hill Cricket Club
- Clifton Hill/North Fitzroy Community Bank
- Clifton Hill Tennis Club
- CNH Industrial (IVECO)
- Collier Charitable Fund
- Collingwood African Association
- Collingwood Food Van
- Collingwood Library
- Collingwood Neighbourhood House
- CommBank Foundation
- Coolibah Convertibles
- Currie & Brown
- Dandenong Christian Reformed Church
- Deni Hexter Marketing Communications
- Department of Employment and Training
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Drummond Street Services
- Endeavour Hills Rotary
- FC Clifton Hill
- Ford Motor Company
- Forest Hill Rotary
- Garry Rogers Motorsport
- Gordon Institute of TAFE
- Gospel Resource Ltd
- Grill’d Southbank
- HESTA Super
- Highton Rotary
- HM GEM Engines
- Hosier Hoodies
- Independent Car Parts
- Jet Couriers
- John Kelly Plumbing Service
- John Sands
- Kennards Hire
- Kids Own Publishing
- Leader Community News
- Lions Club
- Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation
- Macpherson Kelly
- Meguiars House of Colour
- Melbourne Rotary
- Mission Australia
- Mt Dandenong Primary School
- Narre Warren Community Learning Centre
- Newman’s Own Foundation
- Paint Centre – Sunshine
- Paintaway Dandenong
- Perpetual Trustees
- Precision Shims Australia
- Quick Access Hire
- R&J Batteries
- RACV Keilor and Melbourne
- RE Ross Trust
- RMIT University
- Rotary Club of Carlton
- Rotary Club of Central Melbourne Sunrise
- Rotary Club of Essendon and Keilor
- Rotary Club of Moorleigh Moorabbin
- Rotary Club of Port Melbourne
- Rotary Club of Southbank
- Rotary International
- Save the Children
- Skills Plus
- St George Foundation
- St Hilary’s Women on Thursday Group
- St James & St Peter’s Anglican Church
- St Joseph’s Primary School
- St Martin’s Community Church
- St Matthew’s Anglican Church
- St Michael and All Angels Church
- The Bible Society of Victoria
- The Good Guys
- The Jack Brockhoff Foundation
- The Mazda Foundation
- Tip Top
- United Way
- V8 Supercars Australia
- VACC – Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce
- Victoria Police
- Victorian Council of Social Services
- William Buckland Foundation